What Is It:
Niagara Freefall is the first indoor state-of-the-art skydiving wind tunnel in Canada and is designed for the general public and operational year-round. Indoor Skydiving completely immerses visitors in the world of high adventure skydiving, without ever having to pack a parachute, pull a ripcord, or jump out of a perfectly good airplane. Niagara Freefall offers the adventure of a life time with no experience necessary. Virtually anyone can do indoor skydiving from the age of 5 yrs and up. Flyers under the age of 18 require a parent or guardian to be present and sign a waiver.
The tunnel employs state of the art technology which accurately controls the environment inside the tunnel. The indoor flight chamber has a diameter of 12 feet and is 20 feet high. Its just like Freefalling from the sky… it’s amazingly realistic.
Flying in a vertical wind tunnel allows you to defy gravity, almost like the zero G’s that astronauts experience.
Is it safe?
Freefall’s unique design, with its padded walls and soft padded floors and professional-trained instructors, allows flyers to safely enjoy their flight session. Your flight instructor is with you throughout your flight and during your entire flight experience.
With the help of a certified instructor, you will be flying after a brief 20 minute training class. Come as you are and we will provide all of the necessary gear to make your dream of flight come true.
Certain restrictions apply
- It is suitable for almost anyone in reasonable health and fitness up to 260 lbs (proportionate to your height).
- Persons under the age of 18 must have parents consent and presence to fly.
- You are not pregnant.
- You have not previously suffered from a dislocated shoulder.
- You are not under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- If you have a history of neck or back problems, heart conditions you should seek advice from your doctor before flying
You will need to wear casual comfortable clothing (no collars). You should wear sneakers or similar soft soled shoes (open-toed footwear is not permitted). We will supply running shoes to those who need it.
- When you arrive you will check in at the flight desk and fill out some paperwork. You then begin with a short training class where you are taught proper flying and safety techniques flight from our professional flight instructors. You will then be suited up with your flight gear supplied (suit, goggles, helmet, earplugs, gloves etc) all jewellery, money and lose items in your pockets must be removed and may be stored in our lockers. Your instructor will then escort you into the wind tunnel where you will begin your flight. Your instructor is with you to provide hands-on guidance during your entire flight.