What Is It:
Niagara Freefall is the first and only indoor state-of-the-art skydiving wind tunnel in Canada and is designed for the general public and operational year-round. Indoor Skydiving completely immerses visitors in the world of high adventure skydiving, without ever having to pack a parachute, pull a ripcord, or jump out of a perfectly good airplane. Niagara Freefall offers the adventure of a life time with no experience necessary. Virtually anyone can do indoor skydiving from the age of 7 yrs and up. Flyers under the age of 18 require a parent or guardian to be present and sign a waiver.
The tunnel employs state of the art technology which accurately controls the environment inside the tunnel. The indoor flight chamber has a diameter of 12 feet and is 20 feet high providing enough room for up to four experienced people to fly together in air speeds of up to 140mph. Its just like Freefalling from the sky... it's amazingly realistic.
The freefall skills needed for skydiving can sometimes be difficult to master. At Niagara Freefall you can train your body to manoeuvre through the air with precision, control, and incredible accuracy.
Flying in a vertical wind tunnel allows you to defy gravity, almost like the zero G's that astronauts experience.
Is it safe?:
Freefall's unique design, with its padded walls and soft padded floors and professional-trained instructors, allows flyers to safely enjoy their flight session. Your flight instructor is with you throughout your flight and during your entire flight experience.
The recirculating air stream allows us to have complete control of the air we can maintain a comfortable atmosphere in the flight chamber regardless of the outside weather conditions.
With the help of a certified instructor, you will be flying after a brief 20 minute training class. Come as you are and we will provide all of the necessary gear to make your dream of flight come true.
It is not scary, there is no jumping, no falling and there is no experience needed. You are simply floating on a column of air. There is no sensation of falling or anything that would cause motion sickness.
Our mission is to provide an unforgettably awesome experience to our customers and a radical destination attraction to our city.
Niagara Freefall is a state of the art custom recirculating airflow skydiving simulator. By having control of the air we can maintain a comfortable atmosphere in the flight chamber regardless of the outside weather conditions. This allows you to fly indoors year-round in air speeds of over 140 mph.
Certain restrictions apply:
- It is suitable for almost anyone in reasonable health and fitness from min 42" height up to 260 lbs (proportionate to your height).
- Persons under the age of 18 must have parents consent and presence to fly.
- You are not pregnant.
- You have not previously suffered from a dislocated shoulder.
- You are not under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- If you have a history of neck or back problems, heart conditions you should seek advice from your doctor before flying.
You will need to wear casual comfortable clothing (no collars). You should wear sneakers or similar soft soled shoes (open-toed footwear is not permitted). We will supply running shoes to those who need it.
- When you arrive you will check in at the flight desk and fill out some paperwork. You then begin with a short training class where you are taught proper flying and safety techniques flight from our professional flight instructors. You will then be suited up with your flight gear supplied (suit, goggles, helmet, knee and elbow pads, earplugs, gloves etc) all jewellery, money and lose items in your pockets must be removed and may be stored in our lockers. Your instructor will then escort you into the wind tunnel where you will begin your flight. Your instructor is with you to provide hands-on guidance during your entire flight.
- It is suggested that you make reservations in advance due to the increasing popularity of body flight; sessions sell out quickly each day.
Time required: (plan for 50 min)
Training Class - 20 min
Equipment Suit Up - 15 min
Flight Session - 3 min per person (group of 5 shares 15 mins)
Up to 5 persons may be in one group.